Acme enjoy creating an outdoor classrooms utilising areas that already exist within the school grounds for vegetable growing, conservation and wildlife.
It doesn’t have to be a large space to achieve an area to learn in, a few vegetable planters, small herb bed, a strawberry patch, small potting shed, some picnic potting tables and a few logs to sit on make for such fun an interest for children.
Not only do the children learn about growing vegetables they can also have the opportunity to make exciting creations for the garden ie bird feeders, toad houses, hedgehog habitats, bee homes and planting lavenders and more to encourage butterflies and bees to help our wildlife.
Outdoor Classroom Design
Each schools requirements are always different and we can create an outdoor learning area with the space available with either a large or small area. Here is a few of the services we provide;
- Designating a suitable area
- Creating a simple plan if needed
- Clearing areas and creating pathways
- Installing planters
- Introducing large logs for seating
- Creating habitats such as damp, watery areas to encourage toads and newts
- Introducing log piles for wildlife habitats
- Woodchipping areas